Tuesday, June 9, 2015

The Champlain Division: 30 Years Later

As I add the finishing touches onto the Central Vermont Champlain Division Route, I am currently planning my next short project. Just what exactly would this area in northwestern Vermont look like if the dial could be set ahead 30 years? What would still be around? What would be left to memory?

These are the questions I am asking myself as I plan to make a copy of the route set in the early 1990s, as the Central Vermont Railroad began to separate itself from its parent company, the Canadian National. Many familiar sights along the line will be much different for sure, while some will remain the way they are in 1960. It will be a fairly easy process, swapping out the roads, vehicles and some of the buildings along the line. Perhaps the most striking changes will be seen on the Western Vermont Railroad, as 30 years can bring a lot of change to a small shortline railroad. Keep checking up for more information on the project!

No comments:

Post a Comment